The Model Management Infrastructure (MoManI), is an open source interface available for OSeMOSYS.
All users are welcome to download and use the stand-alone version of MaManI, following the video tutorial on the right.
For windows 10:
For windows 7 and 8:
Other supporting material:
1) Installation instructions
2) GLPK solver installation instructions.
3) MoManI user manual.
4) Atlantis data file.
5) Model transfer instructions
Download the latest versions of OSeMOSYS, its add-ins and the related documentation on our
Download here the updated User Manual, including:
- An introduction to OSeMOSYS, its ethos and its structure;
- A guide for creating new models;
- An introduction to the training case study 'Utopia'.
For large models, the default solver of GLPK, glpsol, may be inadequate and it may be necessary to use a commercial solver such as CPLEX. In order to do this, the following steps should be followed:
- In order to use CPLEX, the OSeMOSYS model and data files first need to be combined into a single .lp file. To do this, open the command prompt and use the following command: glpsol -m [OSeMOSYS model file] -d [Data file] --wlp [Input_Filename.lp]
- After the lp file generation is done, close the command prompt window. Open CPLEX. Type ‘read’ and press enter. The name of the file to read is: ‘C:\Input_Filepath\Input_Filename.lp’
- After the file is read, type ‘optimize’ and press enter.
- After the optimization is done, type ‘write’ and press enter. The name of file to write is: ‘C:\Output_Filepath\Output_Filename.sol’
- Now that the solution file is written, close the CPLEX window and open the command prompt again. The solution file will need to be sorted and reordered. For this, download the python sorting script script that was developed for this function and copy it in to the Python 3.5.0 installation folder ('C:\Python35\' is the default installation directory). This script can be downloaded from the link below. Go to the directory ‘C:\Python35\’. Type python transform_31072013.py Output_Filename.sol Output_Filename.txt. For this step, you will need to have Python 3.5.0 installed. Python 3.5.0 can be downloaded from here. Click on the link “Download Python 3.5.0” and follow the installation instructions. The steps described here assume that the Python installation directory is C:\Python35.
- After the python script is done, type ‘sort/+1<C:\Python35\Output_Filepath\Output_Filename.txt>C:\Python35\Output_Filename_s.txt'
OLDER OSEMOSYS VERSIONS
Below you find all the versions of OSeMOSYS published since its first release in 2011, along with their compact version (named 'short') and the training case study UTOPIA compatible with them.